One more thought about Walter gerwig-- I had wondered why he used g tuning for
baroque works? Was he aware of the work done by Hans neeman in the 1930s on the
dminor lute?
Now this is no criticism of gerwig, as I have made many transcriptions of Bach
and Handel for the 14 course archlute and I adore playing baroque music on it.
Sterling

Sent from my iPad