Hi Dick,

   I know of no textual source that does not mention resting the pinky on
   the soundboard. A raised pinky is however quite frequently seen in
   iconography.

   Chris
   [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

   On Monday, March 14, 2016, 5:30 PM, Richard Brook <richa...@ptd.net>
   wrote:

   Any thoughts on whether it's OK not to rest rt. hand pinky on Baroque
   lute soundboard. It's always been a strain for me, and I don't think
   everyone does it.
   I have a 13 course instrument.
   Related question. What about putting a little block in front of the
   pinky side of the bridge to rest pinky on, or alternatively some kind
   of thimble
   to lengthen pinky without messing up soundboard. May have to be
   invented.
   Thanks
   Dick Brook