Thanks or the information, Markus.  I did see some atttribution to
   "Matt" Biechteler.
   Placide Marie Pichler was a Benedtine friar, famed organist and
   composer of sacred vocal music.  He was born, as you
   suggested, rather late--in 1722.  Some of the Pichler ensembles can be
   dated positively before 1731, so they
   could hardly be by Placide.  I need to find my notes and will write
   more tomorrow. Pichler is a real problem.
   And the variety of spellings makes for more difficulties.  E.g., BA
   1/4chler.  Sometimes BA 1/4chler on the cover, and
   Pichler on the parts.