Thank you Nicolas for your answer.
It helped me to find out that I had missed the base.config file password
setting.
I thus could go through the all process.
I am now facing an other problem linked to Tomcat.
After setting the symbolic link between Tomcat and Base, when I go on the
webpage  http://hostname:8080/base2
I get alternatively  :

Etat HTTP 500 -

type Rapport d'exception

message

description Le serveur a rencontré une erreur interne () qui l'a empêché de
satisfaire la requête.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Impossible de charger la classe pour la JSP

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:630)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:149)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:340)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

net.sf.basedb.clients.web.servlet.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:69)

cause mère

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
        java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:134)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:66)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:628)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:149)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:340)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

net.sf.basedb.clients.web.servlet.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:69)

Or

Etat HTTP 500 -

type Rapport d'exception

message

description Le serveur a rencontré une erreur interne () qui l'a empêché de
satisfaire la requête.

exception

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Library/Tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/base2/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java (No
such file or directory)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:194)
        java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:84)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.setupContextWriter(Compiler.java:298)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:230)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:354)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:334)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:321)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

net.sf.basedb.clients.web.servlet.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:69)

I have looked in for the
/Library/Tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/base2/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java
file but
the  /Library/Tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/base2 directory is empty.
Another configuration problem ? I guess with Java this time. I am using Java 6

About Jari's suggestion for the firewall. Could it be also blocked when I am
doing the test on the server it's self ?

Thanks for your help.