Just send the patch to the list.

regards,
Enver

Alex wrote:
Hi

I encountered problems in a multithreaded instrumentation layer I made over BCEL. As soon as I have to thread it generates bad method signatures. I read the following post http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg00201.html, which warns about this issue.

Indeed there is in classfile.Utility and generic.Type class only static methods, but several methods are getting/setting the same static field consumed_chars in several loops. When using BCEL in app server environment, you always have concurent classloading in different classloader (proxy, skel / stub, CMP impl ...).

Those 2 classes are really bad designed. Such an issue requires a minimal effort to
provide a patch and ensure thread safety.
I have made a patch based on a ThreadLocal wrapping of consumed_chars. I would really
appreciate if it could be incorporated in next release. Let me know if/where/how I
have to provide a diff for it instead of packaging my own bcel-patch.jar with my app.

Alex