From: Joseph Alotta
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 10:54 AM

Thank you.

If I am in a loop, and I want to back around, it doesn’t seem to work.

For example, my loop is at count := 1.  I want to look at count := 3.  So I go
to the top of the loop and click “run to here” and count should be 2.

[Ron Teitelbaum] Yeah I know it.  There are two tricks you can use here.  First
is go to the bottom of the loop and do “run to here”.  Then use Through a few
times to get back to the top of the method.  Anything selected above the
execution point even in a loop is the past J.

The other trick is to just change count J.  It is Smalltalk so just select the
count ivar in the debugger on the right bottom windows.  Just select count and
next to it change the value and accept it.  It’s a hack but it works fine J.

All the best,

Ron

Sincerely,

Joe.

> On Jun 3, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Ron Teitelbaum [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Joe,
>
> "run to here" only goes forward not back.  It works like continue with a
> future break point (your cursor location).  For it to work you need to place
> the cursor somewhere ahead of where you are and then select "run to here".
> It should in most cases take you to where you are trying to go.
>
> If you are trying to go backwards, and it is safe to do so, select the method
> you want to debug in the stack.  Then press the restart button.  This will
> restart the execution to the beginning of the method you have selected.  You
> can then use the "run to here" method to get to the right location in your
> method to start debugging.
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

  _____

<http://forum.world.st/run-to-here-tp4899055p4899072.html>
Sent from the Squeak - Beginners mailing list archive
<http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Beginners-f107673.html>  at Nabble.com.