Well doggy friends,
I was very busy last week! I went to college with my Dad and
helped him teach three lectures and two seminars. He says I'm
his teaching assistant. In the lectures I take attendance by
going up and down the aisles checking out each person. If the
girls are wearing sandals I lick their toes and make them
giggle. And I check their bags for contraband - no food allowed
in the classroom unless I get some of it. After I check everyone
out I settle down by the lectern for a snooze while my Dad walks
around talking. Sometimes people come in late and I make sure
that they don't sneak in unnoticed.
I also am an adjunct in the environmental health and safety
department - I'm teaching my students not to put stuff on the
floor in the classroom.  Coffee cup lids are great fun. I pick
them up and toss them in the air, catch them and then bring them
back to the person who dropped them. And I teach the No Cell
Phones rule. If a cell phone wakes me up I find the culprit and
sit in front of them until they turn the phone off.  My students
are pretty smart - they usually learn their lesson the first
time. And its amazing how much learning happens when you make an
example of someone.
Going to college is not all work. When we walk outdoors between
classes I find chewing gum. Dad always says, Leave it! but some
of that gum smells just too good to resist. And walking across
campus is so much fun because the girls always say how cute I am
and stop to say hello. I think the automatic doors are
fascinating. I stand in front of the doors and they just open. I
don't have to sit and wait or anything! I ride elevators, too
but on those I have to be polite - I wait until everyone else
goes through the doors before me.

>From Gelli's family: We are totally thrilled! All our work this
summer has paid off in a well-behaved, well socialized pup. And
for a 5 month old tyke Gelli did very, very well. He could use
some work on leash walking and leave it but on the whole he was
fantastic. This means that we do not have to leave him home in
the crate, and he and Jim get to spend time together. (I suppose
that this consitutes a brag - check goes out tonite.)

=====
Patricia Buickerood