Inside the front door is a good place. A place where Ari waited for me, even
if I just went out to check the mail. She sat peeking over the screen door
and listening for my footsteps. And wherever I went, and wherever she was
when I left, she would always be waiting for me there.

It was a place of excited dancing at the prospect of another adventure, even
if it was just a walk in the park or a ride in the car. And when the sun
came through in the afternoon, it was a good place for a nap.

When you picture Ari in your minds eye, see a silly girl. Sitting there with
head cocked, one ear flipped over, and her tongue hanging out of the side of
her mouth. Smiling.

I see Bacchus looking around quickly as if he's just seen something out of
the corner of his eye. And I know what he sees. The hint of a halo and the
wisp of a wing.

I believe Ari knew exactly what she was doing. She showed such courage to
make sure she was home. And I believe when Ari left her crate this morning,
she knew exactly where she was going. And she made it as far as inside the
front door. And the angels took her from there.

My sweet, sweet girl. I will miss your kisses, soft as velvet.

Cathi with Bacchus