Well Eddie has healed up really nicely and his face looks so handsome
with no draining holes.  Then he somehow scratched the cornea in one eye
and scratched the other eye but not the cornea.... we have a lot of sand on
our property and I think that was the culprit.  His eyes were really red.
More

antibiotics and drops later and he's seems to be on the mend.

Hannah on the other hand is going back in Wednesday for more surgery...
same spot on her left back foot between the toes, same Mast Cell cancer.
We're not sure if it's a reoccurrence or some cells left over from July's
surgery.
We are doing this surgery and then see what happens.  It's been a very
difficult
decision and right about now I feel like I'm hanging a death sentence over
Hannah's head, but we have decided not to do any radiation.  The protocol
that has been described to us very thoroughly is not something we want to
subject a very happy bouncy Hannah through.  Or we could take off the two
toes.  However, she's getting stressed enough out over surgery and we just
cannot put her through that.  We're trying to keep positive that this time the
surgery gets everything.  Time will tell.

After all this, and losing 5 Berners over the past 20 years, and having our
hearts ripped out over what Cathi is going through, and other recent losses,
I don't think my heart can take much more.  I'm not sure I can ever have
another Bernese.

Sherry & Rob Hartung
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kitchener Ontario Canada