I just wanted to open discussion on how to use the new iPad as a paper
browser/displayer. I can imagine sitting on a couch reading and annotating
papers with annotations included into the linked file c.f. Skim notes, or
showing papers to other people, perhaps displaying them on a big screen,
pointing out details on the iPad and having the highlights show up on the big
screen.

As the iPad will not expose the file system and no multitasking as in the
iPhone, it would need to be possible to view PDFs without leaving BibDesk, and
to bring linked files along onto the iPad. I can imagine an iTunes-like
paradigm, where the PDFs are stored in some archive only accessible from within
BibDesk. This sounds like a unification of Skim and BibDesk.
How would touch and multitouch be useful in this scenario? Obviously it would
be nice to flick from page to page, and zoom in on parts of a document.

Anyone have ideas, comments?

James

--
Dr. James Owen