You misunderstand what I am saying.  I am not saying I have a specific
process that should be followed, I am saying that whatever the process
is then it should be formalized or at least written down.  That way the
stakeholders have something to work with and keeps people on track.
Since some people are saying they don't really know what the process is
the first step would be to describe the current process.  I don't fully
understand the current process but I can see it is not formalized and
nobody can even give me a clear description of what it is.  Once you
have it written down then changes/improvements can be proposed.

The first baby step was already done by the Foundation in developing
that risk study.   A NIST guide for developing such a document is at
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-30-rev1/sp800_30_r1.pdf.
No one person can come up with this and it would take buy in from
several different people who have expertise in specific technical areas
as well as experts in coming up with test plans.  I recently suggested
to the people running the MIT lab that they look into developing a
program along those lines.  Gavin also recently suggested that list of
Bitcoin metrics be developed to help resolve the current disputes.  I
can help develop this process if there is interest.

Russ