We seem to have a sheep with mastitis. Susie (from Soggy Top) gave birth to
triplets (2 rams and 1 ewe) on 03/18. All was well, lambs were between 4-5
lbs at birth. However, I woke up this morning to find the ewe lamb dead. No
visible injuries, she just seemed a bit thinner than I would think is
normal. Today, I see that one of the ram lambs is also looking on the thin
side. So, after feeding the adult ewes, I worked with Susie and her lambs,
noticing she isn't entirely enthusiastic about nursing them. Not running
away, just not excited about it. So, I actually put her on the ground to
give better access to her teats and put the thin ram lamb on one. I worked
her udder/bag to get it started, and I noticed that she is pretty lumpy with
some harder spots. Pretty sure she has mild mastitis. She still produces
(some) milk. Nothing wrong with it (white, fluid - no blood, lumps or
discharge).

Seeing as you all are experienced sheep-folk, what is the remedy here?

Thanks,

Jim Isbell

"To sin is a human business, to justify sins is a devilish business."
- Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy