I think it is important to ensure really good health in your sheep to help them naturally resist the effects of worms. Pasture rotation helps reduce the worm population overall but the sheep will still have worms. If the sheep are very healthy, the loss of blood from the worms (with barber pole worms) won't affect them much. I have no experience with tape worm in sheep so I don't know what its life cycle is.

I think I have been able to avoid deworming for 17 years because 1) I've invested in higher protein feeds, which has built a stronger immune system that can resist the blood loss; and 2) rotated pastures every week so that 30 days elapse before sheep return to grass they've already grazed.

Carol