You did not mention how old Marley was.  I suspect he did have some age to
him.  OPP (Ovine Pulmonary Pneumonia) could be involved.  There is no cure
for OPP and it is contagious.  Your vet can assist you on testing.  If it is
OPP you will want to test the rest of your flock.  OPP is not rare here in
the United States.  Rest in peace Marley.

Mark

Marley had gotten skinny lately, and I de-wormed him, probably too late. He
also had a runny nose.  I had not taken the time to have a vet come out and
see him, since a few other sheep also have runny noses, and they always get
over it, and they look strong.

in any case, he died today. I've never dealt with this particular case
before so, sorry for the graphic questions.

When I tried to pick up his head to move him, a large amount of light brown,
very watery liquid came pouring and I mean "pouring" from both nostrils. It
smells. Not super strong, but not pleasant. I tilted his head and I am sure
I got about half a pint. I am sure there's probably another half pint in
there for sure.

I am thinking pneumonia?

If so, I imagine I should get the vet out to hear some lungs on the still
living?

Thanks in advance for your help in this.

I plan to have his skull preserved and glue that broken horn tip back on, so
I can have a nice reminder of him.  His rack was magnificent.