Extreme hot weather will cause Pneumonia as quickly as cold. I think the problem is dust in the air. It probably is dust Pneumonia. Makes no difference what we call it, it has to be treated aggressively. I would not wait on the vet, I would start giving Combiotic ( Long acting Penicillin ) ASAP. Also, Safeguard liquid wormer will stop the increase in infestation that will occur when the animal is stressed. If you are in a drought, then your animals have been trying to graze on very short to no grass and will readily pick up a worm load . I had a young ewe that was down a few years back, she had rapid onset pneumonia, and I gave her Combiotic, Baytril, and liquid Safeguard at 10am. Vet got there at 12noon and started an IV. at 2pm she had diarrhea and was passing dead worms. At 4pm she was up and walking some. Next morning she was in good shape. Rest of flock got Safeguard pellets and another dose 2 weeks later. Ivomec will not work as fast as Safeguard.

Cecil in OKla