On Sun, 13 Sep 2015, Michael Smith wrote:

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 09:48:14 -0700
From: Michael Smith <mwsmotorspo...@gmail.com>
To: blackbelly <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>, lizr...@skybeam.com
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] caseous lymphadenitis

yeah I know, it can be anywhere in the body (as was Marley's case) but
many animals present first with the one on the neck. The notion is to
do everything to try to nip it in the bud and try to prevent the
further spread in the animal, and also, prevent yet more bacterium
dropping from the abscess onto the property.

my statement about it being "too good to be true" was more because I
think people "do" mistake that for a cure--what if the animal already
has it through their body, and because it's as off-label as it gets.

That said: I'd rather do that, than allow it to open and drain
completely untreated, or have a vet open it up and try to catch the
pus and sterilize the inside of the cyst.

The nasty thing about all this is: I could euthanize the whole flock.
Wait a year, hope it goes away, (they say it can live as long as 8
months in soil) and get more sheep and-- because it could be spread by
flies-- start all over.

It's not like you can put a new animal in quarantine for a month and
be sure. They might not present.

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies

So sorry you have had this problem.

Might be worth a little web searching on tulathromycin. There seems to be some indication that it has the ability to penetrate the abcesses.

Peter & Katharine Wallace