Rick, I did not measure around the belly of the ram, I measured the
height of his shoulder from the ground. About 29" minus the tuft of
hair.  that measurement is a bit easier to get. The picture of the
darker brown ram you sent to me privately looks on par with my rams,
mine sometimes look fatter because of the graze they eat.

-Michael. Perino Ranch Blackbellies