Dear All,

I know this is a known problem, but none of the solution work for me.

I am building Xorg-7.2 and I have installed the fonts in required
order. (encodings, font-utils,
font-misc-misc, font-cursorgen). Firstly, I forgot to install
font-alias package. But even after
installing the font-alias package, I still get the same error. I
checked the fonts.alias file in
/usr/share/fonts/misc/. It does contain 'fixed' font alias and points to some
-misc-normal-semicondensed-..... file, which when I checked in
fonts.dir points to 9x13-IS08859-1.
And that file exists in /usr/share/fonts/misc. Then why does the X
server giving me the error?
I have checked and there is no other error in /var/log/Xorg.log.0. The
xorg.conf.new contains correct
font paths (/usr/share/fonts/) and in correct order (first comes
'misc' then others).

Some suggest that to start xfs, but in {C}BLFS, xfs is not started
explicitly AFAIK. So xfs is
not an issue. Then can any body explain what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

--

Jignesh D. Gangani