gerald,
are you calling the digital cartridge your flash drive? I sent tom a personal email, and told him that I move my bard books to the cartridge the same way he does. we simply open the zipped file, select all files, copy and then paste them to a saved folder. I don't know yet if you listen to bard books as we do, but since no one has replied to my question on how to delete books from a digital cartridge, maybe you can help. when I go through the steps to get to the books on a cartridge, there no book titles, just the unzipped files from each book, so I have no way of knowing which files to delete. do you delete books from a flash drive, and does it give the title on the list? tim

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:20 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] transfer downloaded bard book to cartridge

I transfer books from my computer to my flash drive in one of two ways.  If
I need to transfer only one saved book, I highlight it in my saved books
folder, launch the file menu and select the extract all option to unzip the
file,  Then delete the zip file, cut the unzipped file to the clipboard and
paste it to my flash drive.  If I want to transfer multiple books to my
flash drive at the same time, I use the free Humanware Companion program,
which will transfer a whole bunch of books to the flash drive and delete the
old books on the flash drive in one fell swoop with just a few keystrokes in
its JAWS accessible interface.  You can download the Humanware Companion at:

http://support.humanware.com/en-usa/support/vr_stream_software

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "t." <truely4r...@live.com>