Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:00:48 -0700
From: JKerouac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Karl Zemlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fart Sensors

Depends how close it is positioned to the exhaust manifold.
Thoug odorless in natural form, sensing is made easier when the gas is
scented.  Rofl.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:56:18 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Decades ago a friend of mine wanted to develop a bathroom exhaust fan that
is triggered by the detection of gas.  It would have a recorded voice that
would proclaim, "WARNING!  GAS DETECTED!"  And then the fan would kick in.
You can only imagine the marketing that would accompany such a product.
:^)

On an automotive note, I recall reading about a detector in the HVAC system
of some Mercedes Benz automobiles.  When it detects unpleasant smells, it
switches the system to recirculate.  I always wondered how it knew that the
unpleasant smells were coming from OUTSIDE the car?

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA

>Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:06:22 -0700
>From: JKerouac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Steve Albrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Fart Sensors
>
>Kindergarten humor, maybe.  But seriously, there is such a thing.
>Methane sensors are used with
>natural gas powered engines.
>Happy Moon in Taurus, no bull. Lol.
>Barry

------------------------------

How about a system that drops oxygen masks from the overhead panel?
"Oxygen will be flowing to the mask even if the bag does not inflate..."
-Jay

**************

------------------------------

On an automotive note, I recall reading about a detector in the HVAC
system of some Mercedes Benz automobiles.  When it detects unpleasant
smells, it switches the system to recirculate.  I always wondered how it
knew that the unpleasant smells were coming from OUTSIDE the car?
<SNIP>

The E-46 Automatic Climate control does this also, I don't think it
matters where the offensive odor is coming from.  Farts smell just as
bad in that car as in others.

Regards

Jamie Howton