Hi Florian,

I'm in favour of that change, but like to stress that indeed public
transport should be the default, and car travel the exception. The
proposed wording seems to cover that.

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> New: "The use of personal cars is permitted, if this is the most economic
> transportation. Using a personal car in any case needs a signed travel
> report, including kilometers travelled. TDF will refund 0.30€ per _driven_
> kilometer.
>
> TDF asks everyone to use the most cost efficient end-to-end means of
> transport for yourself, team-mates and materials. When cheaper, reasonable
> public transportation is possible, it should be preferred. If in any doubt
> please get confirmation before travel."

Perhaps even a bit more explicit: "When cheaper public transportation
is available, it should be preferred. Transporting event materials or
excessive transfer times might be reasons for exemption. If in any
doubt, please get confirmation before travel."

Cheers,

-- Thorsten