Fernando Rubbo wrote:
Hi all,

We have a lot of struts based apps and we need a stable and mature solution to
convert them into WSRP producers. So, I have two questions:

1. If my portal server supports WSRP, can I use struts-bridge to convert my
application to a portlet and then publish it as a WSRP producer?
Yes, that should just work as long as your Struts application / portlet really sticks to the requirements any WSRP produced portlet has to abide too.

2. I was told in openportal forum that struts-bridge does not work properly in
openportal portlet container. Are you planning to solve this issue? Do you have
a date planned for that?
Ugh, *which* issue are you talking about? I can't fix anything I don't know
about :)

However, I've had a few reports from JBoss (and recently now OpenPortal too) about problems with PortletWindowUtils.getPortletWindowId(), see also http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PB-77
Maybe that is the "issue" you're referring to?

This particular issue is still "open" because its a weird one which in my view just surfaces a bug in JBoss portal (and OpenPortal alike). That code in question (while tricky) really is 100% following the JSR-168 specs AFAIK and I'd be reluctant to "fix" that through a some kind of workaround just because those portlet containers are not properly following the specs...

I've asked for follow up information but the original reporter never came back
with any...
I don't have time to debug all the other portlet containers out there and rely
very much on the help of others for that.
So, if this is your issue too, helping out yourself (by trying to determine what really goes on/wrong) is the way to get it resolved.

Ate

Thanks in advance,
Fernando