Hi,

The FAQ section 1.10 says:

"Some mailbox formats, including the default which is the traditional UNIX
mailbox format, are stored as a single file containing all the messages.
UNIX does not permit a name in the filesystem to be both a file and a
directory; consequently you can not have a sub-mailbox within a mailbox that
is in one of these formats.
[...]
It is always permissible to create a directory that is not a mailbox, and
have sub-mailboxes under it."

I use this a lot. Unfortunatly, if I select a directory I get an error
because it's not a mailbox.

Would it be possible to interpret a file wih a special name (eg. "_") as the
mailbox of the parent directory?

So having the following file system tree:

Clients/
    _
    ClientA
    ClientB
    ClientC

would appear to the IMAP client like

Clients
    ClientA
    ClientB
    ClientC

with Clients ClientA ClientB and ClientC four different mailboxes.

Mail in the "Clients" mailbox would be stored in the file Clients/_

Thanks,

JL