On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Michael C. Greenspon wrote:
> How can this configuration be specified from the client side,
> e.g. from the Mozilla server settings for the IMAP server?

Many client programs have a "root prefix" or "folder collections"
setting.  For example, in Outlook you would put in "mailboxes/" as the
"root prefix", in Pine you could put in "mailboxes/[]" as your folder
collection, etc.

I don't know how things work in Mozilla.

> I want to avoid hardcoding the default subdir
> string in env_unix.c since each user may have a different subdir name
> (personal choice) and want to avoid server-side config files (admini
> headache.)

Now you know why UW imapd doesn't do it...  :-)

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.