On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:56:13AM -0400, Rich Graves wrote:

> A read-only anonymous INBOX works fine for IMAP, and saves you from the
> limitations of imapalert. However, POP3 appears to *require* a writeable
> INBOX, so our POP3 users who log on to the "wrong" server get nothing. This

If pop requires a writable box, does it 'check' only,
or does it 'really write', before it sends contents?

We once tricked a program into accepting an unwritable
file by allowing the file itself to be writable, but
*mounting* it read only, so the check says OK, but
the real 'write' fails.

Just an idea to circumvent the problem (if possible)...

Stucki