--On Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2003 21:54 Uhr -0800 Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you very much.  Unfortunately, we can't use Apple's proprietary code
in our distribution.

Hmm, is that because of the license or for ideological reasons?

If it's possible to get PAM working, this would be preferable.  Standard
interfaces are always better.

Agreed. However, if I'm not mistaken PAM *started* as proprietary Sun software. Apple's Directory Service (or rather Open Directory) is part of Darwin and as such open source: <http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/opendirectory/>. Who's to say it won't be a standard soon?

By the way, is there any way for you (and the rest of the Mac OS X user
community) to influence Apple to use the standard /usr/include/security
for the PAM includes instead of its non-standard /usr/include/pam?

It may be too late for that, but I'll try. -- Sebastian Hagedorn PGP key ID: 0x4D105B45 Ehrenfeldgürtel 156 50823 Köln http://www.spinfo.uni-koeln.de/~hgd/