I'm trying to build the c-client as a shared library (.so) under Macosx. In previous systems I just used the static libs to build imap support into PHP4. This build is for fink (fink.sf.net) so users can add or delete imap support from PHP4.

However I receive the following undefined symbols while building the c-client. This causes PHP4 to fail to load while IMAP support is enabled in php.ini. What is the best method to add these functions to the c-client build? I can see they are part of mailutils, but seeing that PHP4 with static c-client works fine, these functions appear never to be called by the php4-imap-extension.

I could use help to get a working shared library of the c-client. Why are these function not include with the c-cleint by default?

---- ld: warning undefined symbols: _mm_fatal _mm_log _mm_login _mm_dlog _mm_exists _mm_expunged _mm_flags _mm_notify _mm_searched _mm_status _mm_lsub _mm_list _mm_critical _mm_diskerror _mm_nocritical echo osx > OSTYPE

Best Regards,

-Dustin