Hi,

I used the c-client library to write new email service (on Outlook2000
Corporate mode), connecting to server using IMAP4 protocol. The
synchronization chosen is the disconnected mode: data  is retrieved and
stored locally, then mail's properties (like flags, priority,
read/unread,etc) will be updated whenever any change on the server is
detected.

I found the c-client library does not support the IDLE command, so I could
not get the server inform new changes. The way I did:
-New mail checking: using the response of the SELECT command and comparing
the uid validity and the number of mails in each folder.
-Changes to existing mail, or mails deleted: I can do this by comparing
mail-by-mail, folder-by-folder. This is very slow.

What I need now is a implementation way that the server informs the client
every update to a certain mailbox that the client has access permission.
Currently I only know that the IDLE command can do that.
If anyone has ever worked on this, please help to tell me?
-Is the IDLE command supported in a certain version of c-client library?
-If not, has c-client library been extended to support IDLE command by a
designer, which is not included to the formal library? Can I use that
library?
-Is there any way other than using the IDLE command? How to implement that?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Khoa