On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Akmal Khodjanov wrote:
Is there any way I can get progress state while sending/receiving
messages using c-client library? I would like to show how many bytes
has been transfered so far and stuff like that. Is there any available
callbacks for that?

Not directly. However, you have indirect ways that you can do this.

In SMTP only, you can devise your own I/O function that keeps track via the rfc822out_t hook through rfc822_output().

In a more general way (SMTP, IMAP, POP, NNTP), you can use the alternative netdriver capability through the net_open() abstraction to do something like this as well.

It's doable but fairly complex. I suggest that you study the code that I pointed to, and also look at the Pine source code to see how Pine uses alternative netdrivers. It'll also require some creative programming on your part. Good luck!

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.