Hi,

I'm writing a headless imap client using c-client on WindowsXP. I have interfaced to all the mail functions and can successfully read mail messages from my uw-imap server (linux). Since the mail storage is handled by another application, with which my client communicates. The c-client code currently has no way of knowing what has already been downloaded. In such a case, what do I need to do to keep track and do proper synchronisation with the imap server? The imap server is also accessed by other applications (webmail, existing email clients like Outlook, Thunderbird,etc). I have never wirtten an imap client before, so I don't know whether I should be downloading all the headers every time, and ask the mailstore to compare, or do I need to write a cachemanager, etc. How do I determine that some messages have been deleted and expunged between two sessions, for example? If it makes any difference, the imap server is runnng with mbx format mailboxes. These mailboxes can be quite large, sometimes into the 100Mb+ range, with messages numbering in the thousands.

I appreciate any ideas that might help. Hopefully some of you have encountered this situation before, and have asome good ides to suggest.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

Mike