:)

I can't help but smile because I know what everyone else is thinking: "Just
read the error and follow the instructions". But, I also know what you're
thinking; you don't know what's going on. You just did a clean install so
you shouldn't be getting and "error".

All things aren't obvious to everyone. This is just what I know; I may be
missing a huge chunk of the big picture, but here goes:

"In cryptography <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography>, a
*salt*comprises random
bits <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit> that are used as one of the inputs
to a key derivation
function<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_derivation_function>."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_%28cryptography%29)

In CakePHP one of these deviation functions is the hash routine for the
Authentication. If no one ever changed their salt value, someone could
simply download the CakePHP code, analyze it's working and use that
knowledge to get values for your hashed values.

Bottom line, change the value. Go to an online hash routine or somethig (
http://www.fileformat.info/tool/hash.htm), type in some crap, and use one of
the hash results you get.

Just make the value random.
--