> On Sep 23, 2016, at 04:17, Guenter Knittel <gknit...@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de> wrote:
>
> I guess normally one would do this by going to the Function Block Parameters
> and setting
>
> the latencies accordingly. However, I have made so many manual ad-hoc changes
> to the
>
> Simulink model that this is not an option any more.
>
> I’m sure this is not the best way in general to apply optimizations to the
> design.

Many of the high level CASPER DSP blocks allow the user to specify latency
values for things like multipliers, adders, and BRAMs in the block's mask
dialog box. That's probably the easiest place to change the amount of latency
for the underlying components.  It's a bit of a blunt tool in that it applies
to entire high level block, but it's easy to use. Delving into the innards to
make ad hoc changes makes it hard to go back because changing the mask dialog
parameters will obliterate all the ad hoc changes. Ad hoc changes to latencies
can also be tricky because other (possibly not so obvious) latencies might need
corresponding changes.

Dave