Hi Heystek,

If you want to telnet, which is another way of configuring your board, then
you need to state the port. Are you doing the following from the terminal:

1)Telnet to port 7147: "telnet <ip> 7147".

2)?progremote fpgfile.fpg

You say you can ping your board, so you should be able to connect via
casperfpga, as you mentioned above. Did you do what James suggested i.e.
try running fpga.is_connected()? if it reports "True" then you are
connected and if false then you will need to debug further. Are you sure
that the IP you are pinging is your roach2 - may sound like a silly
question, but I don't know your setup.

Kind Regards,

Adam

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Heystek Grobler <heystekgrob...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi James
>
> I will try it. Through the terminal I can ping the board, but I cant open
> a Telnet connection.
>
> When I open a ttyUSB connection to the Roach en monitor it, and try to
> upload the fga file, the Roach gives the same error "progremote"
>
> Thats why I'm confused
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> I really appreciate it
>
> Heystek
>

> On Friday, 30 September 2016, James Smith <jsm...@ska.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> Hello Heystek,
>>
>> Before you program the ROACH2, I'd suggest trying fpga.is_connected()
>> and fpga.est_clk_frequency() to check whether you can actually
>> communicate with the ROACH2. It might be a network cable that's been
>> unplugged by accident - that's where I've seen those errors before. The
>> fpga=casperfpga.katcp_fpga.KatcpFpga('roachname or ip_address') doesn't
>> actually throw an error if it can't connect to the ROACH2. This information
>> would at least help you narrow down the possibilities as to what's wrong
>> (i.e. whether it's the kernel on the ROACH2).
>>
>> Disclaimer: I work only on ROACH, but I'm fairly certain the procedure
>> would be the same.
>>
>> Regards,
>> James
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Heystek Grobler <
>> heystekgrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Good day everyone
>>>
>>> I am having difficulties programming the ROACH 2 board. I am following
>>> the instructions of CASPER tutorial one.
>>>
>>> I Have compiled the fpg file and is using the following steps from the
>>> tutorial.
>>>
>>> 1. I entered ipython into the terminal
>>> 2. import casperfpga

--