Hi Kim,

We actually followed a recipe recommended by Jack Hickish, which worked first
time.  It involved cherry picking newer QDR bitcodes and software, and dropping
them in to our build which is based on older libraries.

This is Jack’s email:

>  On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Jack Hickish <jackhick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> In case it turns out to be useful, if you want to go to the software
> calibration scheme, you'll want to replace your versions of the following
> files with the ones from https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel
>

>  mlib_devel/xps_base/XPS_ROACH2_base/pcores/qdr_controller_v1_00_a
>  mlib_devel/xps_base/XPS_ROACH2_base/pcores/opb_qdr_sniffer_v1_00_a
>  mlib_devel/xps_library/@xps_qdr/
>

>  In addition, you'll need to turn on the CPU interface in your simulink model.
>

>  The calibration software is at
>
>  mlib_devel/xps_sw_support/qdr/roach2/
>  There's a readme in there, but let me know if you have questions.
>
>  Good luck!
>

>  Jack

Our experience should probably be more widely published in case others can use
it.   cc list.

Jonathan