Hi Franco,

Some guesses below....

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 at 15:22 Franco <francocuro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Casper Community,
>

> I was playing with the sync_gen block, and I have some question
> regarding its parameters. I read the syn_gen memo
> (https://casper.berkeley.edu/memos/sync_memo_v1.pdf) but it didn't help
> much:
>

> - Simulation Accumulation Length: how do you set this parameter when you
> can change accumulation length dynamically? Does this value matter only
> for simulation?(Is the simulation word that is throwing me off).

I think the sync gen block configures itself with a sync period which is
used in simulation and on power up, but this can be over-ridden by a
software register at runtime. So I would interpret this parameter as the
accumulation length used for the "default" sync period.
It's also worth saying that lots of designs don't really need the sync
period to be related to the accumulation period, in which case this
parameter isn't important.

> - Reorder Orders: In the updated library the Reorder Orders parameter
> get initialized with the code: getfield( getfield( get_param(
> gcb,'UserData' ), 'parameters'),'reorder_vec'), does this mean that the
> block get the orders automatically and I don't have to care about it?

I think you have to fill this in yourself -- eg [2 2 4 5]

> - Scale: I don't understand what is this parameter used for. Why would
> you want to use a scale other than 1?

As the sync period only has to be the multiple of some minimum, this
parameter lets you scale it. Why would you want to do this? Not really sure
I have a good answer for that -- sometimes it's nice to have an LED flash
~once per second.

Cheers
Jack