Hello all,

I'd be interested in hearing opinions from the Catalyst community on the best managed hosting. We run a Catalyst-based web service and are currently on several self-managed dedicated hosts at SoftLayer. I can't praise SoftLayer enough, but in the interest of sanity we'd like to move to a fully, Fully, *FULLY* managed setup so that we can focus on our App instead of routine sysadmin stuff.

Searching the list archives for "hosting" comes up with a lot of links to the best shared or VPS plans under $50/month. We're talking more like $1000+/month for our needs. At this point, it's all about the quality and reliability of service - not price.

So what's you recommendation for absolutely bullet-proof hosting that let's you sleep at night? I'm talking pro-active monitoring, upgrades, patches, backups, redundancy setup, architecture planning and growth. Everything you might need. Staff that understands why you'd need Nginx or Lighttpd in front and what FastCGI is. People that can handle tuning Postgres instead of just slapping MySQL with a stock config on your box.

Rackspace is immensely popular, but I'm worried that people are just comparing them to crap hosts that put cPanel on a white box and call that managed. I trust you guys/gals and your experiences a great deal more than a forum like WHT!

Retaining a 3rd-party, 24/7/365 management service is a possibility too. Any recommendations on those? Matt, do you guys offer that sort of setup at Shadowcat?

Thanks in advance,
Brian