2009/7/16 John Romkey <rom...@apocalypse.org>

> For what it's worth, I do my development under MacOS X 10.5 (currently
> 10.5.7) and use FF 3.0.x (currently 3.0.11) as my primary browser for
> development and haven't run into any problems. I'm up-to-date on all the
> Catalyst packages. I normally run the built-in server with '-r -d' but
> deploy on a Debian system under Apache2 (also no problems).

Hi, John,.

  I believe K. akimoto was developing on an Ubuntu box and accessed his
application for testing with a Firefox 3/3.5 browser on Mac OS X for
testing.

> kakimoto and Gordon, you did catch the earlier bit from Gunnar that using
> CGI.pm with debugging turned on was the culprit for him, didn't you? Are you
> using CGI.pm in your app or templates?
>        - john romkey
>        http://www.romkey.com/

Yes, we did discuss that and I checked the codes with no sight of CGI.pm (at
least in the eyes of "fgrep -iRn CGI projects/myApp"

I do have something to announce (and K. akimoto's tried this too). It's that

he was running his app with "scripts/myapp_server.pl"  - that caused the
problem.

I read up on the new book on Catalyst (woo hoo!) and ran it with the "-k"
flag to keep connections alive (ie. "scripts/myapp_server.pl -k") and that
seem to be stable (ie. Firefox 3/3.5 on Mac OS X was not hanging or taking
his server down).

Interesting but I am not entirely sure why Firefox 3/3.5 acts this way on
Mac OS X.