Update:  I have received two recommendations for native trees that will
attract birds...would love to have more to add to a list to possibly give
to the City of Ithaca forester and nurseries..., not sure if she has a list
or what her list is...  has the CBC ever offered a "recommended" list?
It's one thing to go to a nursery and buy a proclaimed "bird attractor"
bush or tree, but I'd prefer a list of birder-proclaimed native trees.  By
the way, I bought a "native butterfly bush" from a reputable nursery and
later learned the one I bought was considered "invasive" and controversial
by some.

Here is a start:

Serviceberry, *Amelancier arborea*, white flowers spring, orange/gold fall,
30 ft. after 20 years, purchased at Dickman's in Auburn

Chokecherry Canada Red, *Prunus virginiana*, 15 ft. after 3 years,
purchased at Agway

Does anyone know anything about the Chanticleer Pear, *Pyrus calleryana*
tree? native or non-native?  It flowers and holds small fruits thru winter,
25-35ft x 15-25ft