My guide to birds of Europe says Redwing breeds in Scotland and winters in the
rest of Britain. I'm sure it's a fun bird to see, but it would not make
headlines. Their red is on the sides and wing lining. The Redwing shows actual
white on the brow and chin.  Female Red-winged Blackbirds are more tawny on the
brow to even orange on the lores and chin, as shown in the photos in the
article. Like other of our common birds, the female Red-winged Blackbird is a
good bird to study to think about details of plumage.
--Dave Nutter