Yesterday our SFO group had a pine warbler at Greensprings Cemetery (in
Newfield) singing from one of the scattered smallish pines (~20 feet tall) in
the mostly open fields. Great eye-level looks for this species, from a tree
that looked (to me) too small and isolated to be good habitat. And it was
fighting with a chipping sparrow for that territory, both in song and in being
chased. Of course it's unclear whether it'll breed there or is just passing
through, but it seemed to be at least considering that option.

(And of course, when I first heard its song, my expectation was junco.)

Suan