This morning I photographed a couple of birds that look like nothing I’ve
ever seen before – kind of like a mad phylogenist’s mashup of a mynah,
antbird, ani, and Miley Cyrus.

https://goo.gl/photos/mmYxv2UNatVM1FDAA

https://goo.gl/photos/Qa3doAC4wtoYCHkV9

Location was somewhere in the northern hemisphere.  Can you guess what it
is?  Reply to me off list.  I’ll post the answer later.

Earlier in the morning in Sapsucker Woods, I didn’t find any passage
migrants, but I did see many of the usual breeding species, including a
couple of male Scarlet Tanagers fighting near the Woodleton Boardwalk.
They were issuing unfamiliar “klert” vocalizations that I thought at first
were from a squirrel.

Mark Chao