Castle Creek is right on the NW "corner" of Seneca. If you know where the 
Ramada is, just a short ways north of that. There's a great paved bike path to 
follow. I was just there 20 minutes ago, no sighting of whimbrels, but possibly 
2 ruddys taking flight from the end of the jetty with some gulls. They were 
spooked by people walking, and it's very windy with a southern wind right 
now... They didn't stick around long. 

Alyssa Johnson

Instructional Specialist
Advisor, The Wildlife Society Student Chapter
Department of Environmental Conservation & Horticulture
Finger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14426
alyssa.john...@flcc.edu
(585) 785-1232

Follow us on Facebook!



________________________________________
From: bounce-121572021-76289...@list.cornell.edu 
[bounce-121572021-76289...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Carol Keeler 
[carolk...@adelphia.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:28 PM
To: Norwalk, James
Cc: Janet Akin; Cayuga Birds List; eatonbi...@yahoogroups.com; Charlie Rouse
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Whimbrel, Ruddy Turnstones Genva

While I know where the park is, I don't know the landmarks you are talking 
about.  Is Castle Creek the creek coming into the lake on the east side?  On 
the map I see a tiny creek about in the middle, too.

Sent from my iPad

> On May 31, 2017, at 4:22 PM, Norwalk, James <norw...@hws.edu> wrote:
>
> I support that idea!  Especially since the beach at Castle Creek is also 
> slatted to be used as a launch for kite-boarders.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: bounce-121571822-48869...@list.cornell.edu 
> <bounce-121571822-48869...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Charlie Rouse 
> <caro...@rochester.rr.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:02 PM
> To: 'Janet Akin'; 'Cayuga Birds List'; eatonbi...@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [cayugabirds-l] Whimbrel, Ruddy Turnstones Genva
>
> Just came from there. There were two Whimbrels at the end of the Castle Creek 
> jetty, constantly being flushed by walkers. They would return, but in a very 
> short while would be flushed again. These birds need a place to rest for 
> extended periods, but just can't get it here. Looks like I'm going to have to 
> re-present my idea of "Sandpiper Island", an offshore refuge that is 
> inaccessible by humans. It got shot down by the city and state the first 
> time, 3-4 years ago, but I'm going to jump back in and take the issue as far 
> as I can.
>
> Charlie Rouse
> Genreva
>
>
> From: bounce-121571651-3569...@list.cornell.edu 
> [mailto:bounce-121571651-3569...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Janet Akin
> Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 3:11 PM
> To: Cayuga Birds List
> Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Whimbrel, Ruddy Turnstones Genva
>
> There were just 4 Whimbrel and 10 Ruddy Turnstones at Lakefront Park, Geneva. 
> They were on the small beach near the new metal bridge over Castle Creek. 
> They were flushed by dog walkers while Linda Mott and I were there but 
> returned to the beach. At times they would land on the rocks on the jetty. 
> Also saw the Cerulean Warbler in the Mays Point nesting area today for the 
> first time this year for me. In the Wilgoose field on Rt. 89 we saw two adult 
> Sandhill Cranes with two small colts. Janet Akin, Seneca Castle
> --
> Cayugabirds-L List Info:
> Welcome and Basics<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME>
> Rules and Information<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES>
> Subscribe, Configuration and 
> Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> Archives:
> The Mail 
> Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds<http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds>
> BirdingOnThe.Net<http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/CAYU.html>
> Please submit your observations to eBird<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!
> --
>
> [Image removed by 
> sender.]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>
> Virus-free. 
> www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
>
>
> --
> Cayugabirds-L List Info:
> Welcome and Basics<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME>
> Rules and Information<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES>
> Subscribe, Configuration and 
> Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> Archives:
> The Mail 
> Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds<http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds>
> BirdingOnThe.Net<http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/CAYU.html>
> Please submit your observations to eBird<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>!
> --
>
> --
>
> Cayugabirds-L List Info:
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
>
> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
> 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
> 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/CAYU.html
>
> Please submit your observations to eBird:
> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
> --


--

Cayugabirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/CAYU.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


--

Cayugabirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/CAYU.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to