We have a hummingbird feeder, but it's not in a place where we can always
monitor it. We first saw it used on 19 May by a female Ruby-throated
Hummingbird. It was several days before we saw one/her again, but we now
believe she visits regularly, although she is quiet and would be easy to
overlook.

On Tuesday (6 June) afternoon I was by Newman Golf Course wondering about the
possibility of Yellow-throated Warblers in the Sycamore trees, and I noticed
that those trees' foliage looks sparse. (I think the newest leaves are dying.
If anyone knows what's going on with them please let me know.) While I was
stopped I saw a female hummingbird at some weeds nearby, carrying what looked
like a wad of Cottonwood fluff in her bill. This white blob made her easy
enough to follow that I saw where she took it. She's building a nest on the
fork of a Sycamore twig. It has lots of fluff with several bits of lichen
attached. I've checked several times since, and only seen her at work in the
middle of the day, not early morning nor late evening, but there seems to be
progress still. I'll keep you updated if I note any milestones.