A week or two we had no tree swallows. Now 5 or 6 boxes have Tree Swallows! The
Bluebird pair has abandoned their box here on the street but the male came down
tonight to get some spring water! We have 2 male and 2 female Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks coming often to the feeders. Many grackles, many blue Jays, MANY
woodpeckers - Downy, Hairy, and Red-bellied are coming. Downy and Hairy have
young. Two pairs of Towhees and at least one Ovenbird. Oh!- chickadees are
rare. I suspect they will show up soon with their young. There is a Robin
nesting in one barn and a Phoebe often feeding from a Lilac Bush. There are NO
Ring-billed gulls at Barns & Nobel. I suspect they too are attending to eggs or
young.

In short, birds are back to normal here at Spring Street in Endicott. I would
go as far as saying more than normal.

Glenn Wilson
Endicott, NY
www.WilsonsWarbler.com