I had one in my garden yesterday, visiting my monarda.  Haven't seen one
since late spring when I saw what I call a "wild one" in the woods at the
end of Muriel Street.  I give you huge kudos for maintaining your feeder
all this time with no apparent rewards!! Glad you got a brief reward.

Linda Orkin

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:21 PM, W. Larry Hymes <w...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> As we were talking with our son Chris in our living room on Tuesday, he
> exclaimed excitedly, "A hummingbird just came to your feeder!!"  It moved
> out of sight, but soon returned.  We had not seen one at our feeders since
> May 11!!!!!!!!
> I've written about this phenomenon before.  To paraphrase the "Field of
> Dreams" movie, when he's here, the birds will come!!!!!  This is probably
> purely a matter of coincidence.   HOWEVER,  it has happened enough times
> before to make me suspect that perhaps other "forces" may be at play.
>
> Have others of you been seeing hummingbirds of late?  If not, maybe I
> could send our son to your house!
>
> Larry
>

> --
>
> ================================
> W. Larry Hymes
> 120 Vine Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
> (H) 607-277-0759, w...@cornell.edu
>
> ARCHIVES:

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

"For the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun
and the light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
into the world to enjoy" Plutarch

If you permit
this evil, what is the good
of the good of your life?