While slowly cruising Armitage Rd. yesterday afternoon, I kept hearing a RED-TAILED HAWK constantly cheeerrrring. As soon as I spotted the bird, 3 other birds flew up to it wondering what all the fuss was about - GOLDFINCH, CEDAR WAXWING, and a tiny BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER that appeared to look the hawk directly in the face! The hawk apparently didn't like the crowd and promptly flew off.

Sara Jane and I were treated to good looks of a LEAST BITTERN at Larue's Lagoon. We got to show the bird to a family from Florida. It's really nice to be able to get out of the car at designated areas along the wildlife drive!!

We, too, saw large numbers of GREAT EGRETS at Knox-Marcellus.

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes