I know this is a long-shot, buuuut does anyone have a field scope they
aren't using?  Any suggestions for a field scope that would be good to view
raptors?  From what I've read, it sounds like straight (vs. angled) is
better for tracking. I'm going to be a volunteer with the Batumi Raptor
Count this fall, run by an NGO conservation group, and they want me to
bring one; but I can't afford the Swarovski 65mm field scope.  Last year, I
saw some of the raptor migration as they crossed from a place near Tarifa,
Spain to northern Africa, and it was one of the most exhilarating
experiences of my life - if not   t h e   most exhilarating. The perils
these birds face is astonishing, and I am working on an art education
project for children about them.

Would love to find a decent second-hand field scope that is not too heavy?
3.5 pounds is the current weight, and I noticed a Nikon 50mm is only about
1 pound.  I don't know scopes well enough to know if the 50mm is adequate.
I suspect not.  Also, where I am going has a lot of clouds, so light entry
into the scope is a huge factor.  I know, a long-shot; but miracles do
happen!  Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.  I've learned and
continue to learn so much from you all and am so grateful!!!!

*Sandy Wold*
Author/Originator of Cayuga Basin Bioregion Map
(for sale at Wegmans, Autumn Leaves, Cornell Book Store, Cornell
Plantations, and Visitor's Bureau)
*https://sites.google.com/site/cayugabioregionmap/about-author-and-artist
<https://sites.google.com/site/cayugabioregionmap/about-author-and-artist>*
*www.linkedin.com/in/sandy-wold-877114a7/
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandy-wold-877114a7/>*
www.Sandy-Wold.com <http://www.sandy-wold.squarespace.com/>

*"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come ALIVE, for what
the world needs is people who have come ALIVE."  **- Dr. Howard Thurman,
American Theologian, Clergyman and Activist (1900-1981) *