Probably nucleic acids. Increase the number or volume of washes and
improve the washing of your inclusion bodies. Instead of sonication,
we use a Polytron homogenizer to resuspend the IBs pellet during
washing. This is faster and easier. Incorporate an additional
chromatography step such as Heparin-Sepharose or Cation-Exchange with
SP-Sepharose if the pI of your protein supports this. Alternatively,
try to flow your protein through DEAE or Q-Sepharose in the presence
of a moderate concentration of NaCl (e.g. 200-250 mM), where much of
the nucleic acids should be captured.

- John