Dear all:

I would like to seek your opinion on our crystal hits. We are working
on protein/dsDNA complex. By changing different protein and DNA
(14-22bp) constructs, we recently got some hits from commercial
screens using sitting drop vapor diffusion (very small xtals). The
precipitant is PEG and the picture of crystals are attached. In this
particular condition, it is 30%PEG3350, sodium succinate pH5.5 and
100mM NaCl. The crystal seems floating and sit in the bottom. We do
some test shot from other conditions and it is not salt crystals. The
crystals can suck in izit dye.  I do some google and it seems izit dye
also turns dsDNA crystal into blue. We also do UV/Vis microscope but
no Trp fluorescence (6 Trp in 256 aa). It may due to low Trp.

This is our first time to work on protein/DNA complex crystals and we
are not certain if this is just DNA or protein/DNA crystals. Can you
provide your comments on our hits?

Thank you for your help

Joseph