Hi Joseph,

Are you having trouble getting bigger crystals. You said you shot them, and
they are not salt. Do they diffract at all? If they are diffracting to any
extent, you could optimize the crystallization condition to get better,
bigger crystals and shoot them. A simple way of growing fewer, bigger
crystals in the same condition is to set up bigger drops and dilute the
well solution by water to 95%, 90%, 85%... And if that doesn't work, you
can try additive screen on this current crystallization condition.

As a control for determining if these are complex crystals or just DNA
crystals, you can set up a crystallization in the same crystallization
condition with just DNA, no protein.

-Gyan

--
Gyanendra Kumar, PhD